Phoenix Criminal Defense AttorneyAre you searching for an experienced, results-oriented Phoenix criminal defense attorney? If so, then it is important for you to know that criminal charges in Phoenix include a wide range of offenses and often carry some stiff penalties. From DUI charges to domestic violence, criminal damage, possession of marijuana or manslaughter, depending on the offense they are classed as either a misdemeanor or a felony.
A Class 1 misdemeanor is the most serious of the misdemeanor offenses and is punishable by up to 6 months in jail and 3 years of probation. Depending on the offense, felony convictions can result in between 2-25 years in prison. Therefore, it is absolutely essential that you obtain legal representation from an award-winning attorney who can quickly solidify your criminal defense and defend your legal rights.
As a criminal defense lawyer in Phoenix Arizona, Aaron Black has experienced firsthand the toughness of the Arizona criminal justice system. The state of Arizona has some of the harshest criminal laws in the nation. If you are convicted of committing a criminal act, then you will almost certainly pay a stiff price, including possible jail time and steep financial penalties.
Aaron is well aware of this and will act with a sense of urgency after becoming your legal representative. He knows that the beginning stages of your criminal case are the most important and will do everything he can to start your defense off on the right foot. This includes handling your initial pretrial appearance, speaking to the prosecution about the possibility of a potential plea deal and investigating the facts of your case.
To work with a highly reputable criminal defense attorney in Phoenix, AZ, schedule a free confidential consultation with Aaron Black today. Aaron is one of a small number of lawyers in the Phoenix area to have achieved the highest levels of professional excellence. He currently has a 10/10 rating on Avvo for his experience as a DUI and criminal defense lawyer and has received the Super Lawyer rating for the past 8 years for his high degree of peer recognition and professional achievement. Review his attorney bio page for a comprehensive list of his many accomplishments and achievements over the past decade.
Questions to Ask a Criminal Defense Attorney in Phoenix
1. How Long Have You Been a Criminal Lawyer?If you have been accused of committing a crime, then you need to find a criminal lawyer in Phoenix with many years of experience securing positive legal outcomes. The attorney you hire should understand the Phoenix, Arizona criminal justice system like the back of his or her hand and unabashedly defend your legal rights against aggressive Arizona prosecutors.
For the past decade, Aaron Black has worked as a Maricopa County criminal defense attorney. Before starting his solo law practice, he worked for one of the largest law firms in Phoenix, defending hundreds of people facing a wide range of serious criminal charges. His trial experience has given him vital insight into the Arizona legal system and has helped him secure favorable results for his clients. He is highly sought after for providing personalized, authoritative legal defense services and has become one of the most recognized and respected criminal defense lawyers in Phoenix and the surrounding areas.
2. How Many Cases Like Mine Have You Handled?In addition to prior experience, the area of expertise of your defense lawyer in Phoenix AZ is also important to consider. The area of criminal law is incredibly diverse, and an attorney may have little to no experience handling cases similar to your own. If a Phoenix criminal defense attorney has never worked a case like yours before, then you should consider looking elsewhere for legal representation.
At the Law Office of Aaron Black, you can rest easy knowing your criminal case is in the hands of a qualified, experienced legal professional. Aaron has successfully defended his clients in both municipal and federal court and understands the art of presenting a persuasive defense in front of a judge and/or jury. He has represented clients accused of committing many serious criminal offenses, including the following:
- Extreme DUI
- Super Extreme DUI
- Aggravated DUI
- Teenage Drinking and Driving
- Possession of Drugs With the Intent to Distribute
- Possession of Marijuana
- Possession of Drug Paraphernalia
- Domestic Violence
- Illegal Control of an Enterprise
- Fraud Schemes
- Money Laundering
- Criminal Damage
- Theft of Means of Transportation
- Aggravated Assault
- Sex Crimes
- Possession of Narcotic Drugs
- Possession of Dangerous Drugs
- Sale of Marijuana
- Sale of Narcotic Drugs
- Sale of Dangerous Drugs
- Virtually Every Other Criminal Offense in Phoenix, Arizona
3. Will You Be the Criminal Defense Lawyer Working on My Case?At larger law firms, law partners and senior attorneys often do not do a lot of their own casework. Legal aids or junior associates will do the majority of the heavy lifting. This includes conducting background research, interviewing key witnesses, drafting legal defenses, etc. While this approach may work for some people, others may feel uncomfortable with a criminal defense lawyer taking a hands-off approach to their case.
If you hire Aaron Black as your Phoenix criminal defense lawyer, then you can feel confident knowing he is the sole person working on your case. Whether you have been charged with committing a violent crime or are in need of a strong DUI defense, he will take a strategic approach and thoroughly analyze the prosecution’s case, searching for any details that could help you avoid a criminal conviction. His aggressive, proactive approach to your criminal defense will work in your favor and increase your chances of obtaining the best possible legal outcome.
4. Will a Criminal Attorney Be With Me in the Courtroom?Before signing a contract with a Phoenix criminal lawyer, you must make sure that he or she will be the one handling each step of your case. Phoenix criminal defense attorneys at larger law firms will often have junior associates gain valuable experience by handling courtroom proceedings on their own. However, as the person facing a criminal charge, you may not feel comfortable having someone you are not familiar with representing you in court. If you hire an experienced criminal defense attorney, then it is only natural that you want him or her to be with you in the courtroom.
At the Law Office of Aaron Black, every client can rest assured that Aaron Black will personally represent them, putting his extensive history of successful criminal defense to work to achieve a favorable result. You will never have to risk your freedom and worry that the outcome of your criminal case is in jeopardy. Arizona criminal law is notoriously tough, and a criminal conviction could carry life-altering punishments and ramifications. Contact Aaron Black today to speak to an experienced attorney who will pursue every legal option available to you and give your case the focus and attention it deserves.
5. How Often Do You Settle Cases Out of Court?While it is true that most criminal cases settle prior to trial, it is important to remember that each individual case is different. There are times when settling your case makes sense, and there are times when taking your case to trial is the best option. A law firm that only takes cases to trial or only negotiates settlement agreements is probably not servicing its clients as well as it should. The Phoenix criminal defense attorney representing your case should know how to negotiate a plea deal on your behalf. He or she should have no reservations about litigating your case during trial and helping you navigate the complexities of the criminal justice system.
Phoenix criminal attorney Aaron Black has amassed a vast amount of defense and litigation experience in both municipal and federal courts. For the past decade, his clients in Maricopa County and the surrounding areas have watched him mold his legal representation to achieve their goals. He understands how important it is to remain flexible with his legal approach and to do everything he can to achieve the best possible outcome for his clients. Whether this involves negotiating a plea deal or taking a case to trial depends on the strength of the prosecution’s argument and the facts of the case.
6. Do You Have Any Testimonials From Former Legal Clients?If you are facing a felony charge and searching for an experienced trial lawyer, then you should always look at the testimonials page on a law firm's website. The attorney you hire to represent you should have numerous client reviews that give you some additional insight into how he or she will handle your case. While an attorney may do a good job of selling himself or herself, there is nothing like hearing positive feedback from a former client with a successful case outcome.
If possible, you should ask a Phoenix criminal defense lawyer if he or she has any former clients who would speak to you in person or over the phone. If he or she cannot accommodate your request, then this could be a major red flag. You may want to do additional research, looking specifically into his or her reputation within the local community.
Phoenix AZ criminal defense attorney Aaron Black has spent countless hours in the courtroom, honing his skills and gaining valuable insight into the criminal justice system. His extensive courtroom experience has helped him successfully defend clients in all Arizona justice, municipal, state and federal courts. His former clients consistently praise his professionalism, knowledge of criminal law and dedication to defending their rights with passionate discourse and sound legal reasoning.
Check out his website to review his Client Review page. You can take a look at his Google reviews to gain a better understanding of his legal talent and unmatched professionalism. You can also check out his attorney listing on Avvo where he has over 400 reviews (99 percent of those reviews are 5 stars!).
What You Can Expect From Our Criminal Defense Law Firm
Passionate and Aggressive Approach to Your Criminal DefenseFacing criminal charges for an Arizona DUI or an alleged sexual assault can wreak havoc on your personal and professional life. It can take you years to recover from the personal and reputational damage that accompanies a criminal charge. It is important to hire a criminal lawyer in Phoenix AZ who takes an aggressive and proactive approach to your criminal defense.
Defense attorney Aaron Black does all this and more. He understands that important conversations and investigations often occur before your first court date. He will immediately begin conversations with the prosecution, gauging their interest in securing a plea deal. He will also begin formulating your defense by gathering evidence and interviewing favorable witnesses. By immediately starting your defense, he can get a head start on your case and help you avoid the serious penalties and unexpected consequences that come with a criminal conviction. Simply put, you need a passionate and aggressive criminal lawyer in Phoenix AZ to take the reins and help you navigate the Arizona criminal justice system.
Clear and Consistent Communication With a Criminal Law Defense AttorneyWhether you were arrested for shoplifting or committing several drug crimes, it is important to find a criminal law defense attorney who communicates well and responds to your messages in a timely manner. If an attorney does not get back to you within 24-48 hours, then this is a major red flag. The consequences of a criminal conviction in Arizona are often severe and could result in substantial jail time and major financial penalties. Your attorney should recognize the uncertainty of your situation and respond to your inquiries within a reasonable time frame. He or she should be able to update you on the status of your case and give you some valuable legal insight that will help calm your nerves and settle your stomach.
When you obtain the services of Phoenix criminal defense attorney Aaron Black, you get access to a legal professional who values the importance of clear and consistent communication. He knows you will have many questions about your DUI charge and criminal case. A major part of his job is thoroughly addressing your legal concerns and making sure no question goes unanswered. With Aaron by your side, you will remain prepared throughout the legal process and understand what is happening at every critical moment. His dedication to providing exceptional customers service is one of many reasons why he is considered a top criminal defense attorney in Phoenix.
Comprehensive Investigation to Uncover the FactsWhen facing misdemeanor or felony charges, you need a Phoenix AZ criminal defense attorney to conduct a comprehensive investigation of your criminal defense case. The attorney you hire must act quickly to ensure any critical evidence is not lost and to prevent witness tampering from occurring. A thorough investigation of a criminal defense case involves the following key elements.
- Reviewing the charges levied against the defendant
- Analyzing the prosecution’s case
- Examining and questioning witnesses
- Assessing the potential sentences
- Gathering evidence
- Reviewing search and seizure procedures
In the Phoenix area, no defense attorney has more experience conducting criminal investigations than Aaron Black. He uses every resource at his disposal to uncover the truth and find evidence that could satisfy the standard for reasonable doubt. Some of the tactics he employs during a criminal defense investigation include the following:
- Conducting witness interviews
- Collecting and uncovering digital forensic evidence
- Reviewing surveillance camera footage
- Reviewing DNA and forensic science evidence
- Interviewing expert witnesses
Experienced and Trustworthy Legal Representation at Every TurnWhether you are a first-time criminal defendant or a defendant with prior felony convictions, a defense attorney with a successful case record can help improve your chances of winning your case or obtaining a favorable plea deal. It is essential for you to find an attorney with a proven track record of defending a variety of criminal cases, including cases involving violent crimes, drug possession, drug trafficking, etc. Experience is the most important factor you should look for when seeking to give yourself the best possible chance for legal success.
It is also important to find a lawyer who you can trust. While the legal profession is ultimately a business, there are some Phoenix criminal attorneys who only care about the money and do not care about the outcome of the criminal case. As a criminal defendant, you deserve to know that your attorney truly cares about your situation and will do everything in his or her power to give you a fresh start and help you move forward with your life.
At the Law Office of Aaron Black, Phoenix criminal defense lawyer Aaron Black truly cares about helping people who are accused of a crime. His professional mission is to help his clients get the best legal defense possible by aggressively defending their interests in Arizona criminal court. Whether you are accused of committing family violence or are facing felony assault charges, he will defend your case with the utmost integrity, honesty and professionalism.
His many years of legal experience and his strong ethical character have helped him develop a reputation for providing honest, effective and trustworthy legal counsel. To learn more about his strong ethical standards or his professional background as a criminal lawyer in Phoenix AZ, contact his law office today to speak to Aaron personally. He will answer your questions in detail and give you a better understanding of what to expect during your criminal defense proceedings.
Book an Appointment With a Phoenix Criminal Defense Attorney
A criminal arrest is a stressful and emotional experience. Having formal charges levied against you is even worse and can result in you experiencing severe personal and reputational damage. If you have been charged with any criminal offense in the state of Arizona, then you cannot risk your freedom. You need one of the best criminal defense attorneys in Phoenix by your side.
Aaron Black is dedicated to protecting your rights and will “Deliver Justice and Defend Your Freedom.” As a leading Maricopa County criminal defense attorney, Aaron focuses solely on defending people charged with committing serious crimes that carry life-altering punishments and ramifications. He understands the seriousness of your situation and believes in your right to receive a fair trial.
Are you looking for a criminal defense attorney in Phoenix, AZ? If so, then you deserve to find someone who focuses exclusively on defending serious criminal offenses. Contact criminal and DUI defense attorney Aaron Black or give him a phone call at 480-729-1683 to schedule a free confidential consultation. He will provide you with compassionate, professional and aggressive legal representation and prepare your criminal case as if it is headed for jury trial. Call now!