Assault in Phoenix, ArizonaIf you have been charged with an assault including aggravated assault in Phoenix, I recommend that you seek legal counsel with an experienced criminal defense attorney.
Depending on the severity of the assault that you are being charged with the penalties range from a misdemeanor to felony assault.
The definition of Assault in Phoenix can be found in ARS 13-1203. Assault can be committed a few different ways:
- You can commit Assault under ARS 13-1203 A1 by intentionally, knowingly, or recklessly causing physical injury. This can be done by punching, kicking or biting someone. This level of Assault is a class 1 misdemeanor.
- You can commit Assault under ARS 13-1203 A2 by placing a person in reasonable apprehension of physical injury. This kind of assault is a class 2 misdemeanor. A person can be placed in reasonable apprehension by an individual threatening to hit or injure another person.
- Finally, Assault under ARS 13-1203 A3 is committed by touching another person with the intent to injure, insult or provoke. This is a class 3 misdemeanor and commonly committed when a person spits on another person.
Class 1 misdemeanorA class 1 misdemeanor is the most serious misdemeanor offense.
- 6 months in jail
- 3 years of probation (5 years maximum probation for DUI offenses)
- $2,500 fine plus surcharges
Class 2 misdemeanor
- Maximum of 4 months in jail
- 2 years of probation
- $750 fine plus surcharges
Class 3 misdemeanorA class 3 misdemeanor is the lowest criminal offense but still, can carry severe punishments.
- Maximum of 30 days in jail
- 1 year of probation
- $500 fine plus surcharges
When you meet with Aaron Black for your free consultation, he will walk you through the criminal process and what you can expect at each court hearing. Your time is valuable, and in many situations, it is possible for your lawyer to attend the majority of your court appearances in regards to your case without your presence. When possible, you can rest assured that the Aaron will do everything possible to defend you while keeping you up to date on all relevant information about your case.
If you have questions or you are facing criminal assault charges in Phoenix, AZ or other communities in Arizona, please contact Aaron or call (480)729-1683 for a free consultation.