Why I am I charged with Aggravated DUI?
- Driving or in Actual Physical Control of a vehicle; and
- Impaired by alcohol to the slightest degree or over a .08 BAC; and
- You knew or had reason to know your license was suspended, revoked, candled or refused; or
- You were ordered to have an ignition interlock in your vehicle; or
- This is your third DUI within 84 months
There are many ways to beat an Aggravated DUI. Aaron Black recently did when the state could not prove his client was convicted of a Washington State DUI. Therefore, the state could not prove this was her third DUI in 84 months. Her case was dropped to a misdemeanor.
Aaron Black also proved in plea negotiations that substantial evidence existed to show his client did not know his license was suspended. Aaron Black subpoenaed a Phoenix Police officer to court to prove the point. The Aggravated DUI was reduced to an Endangerment Open. Aaron's client will be able to turn this charge into a misdemeanor!
Aaron Black is a Phoenix Criminal Defense Attorney and one of the leading trial attorneys in Arizona. Aaron Black is recognized as a 2012 and 2013 Super Lawyer Rising Star in Criminal Defense (Top 2.5% of lawyers under 40 in Arizona and New Mexico). He is rated 10/10 on AVVO.com, and is rated by Martindale-Hubbell as an AV Preeminent Lawyer (the highest level of professional excellence).