Top 20 things Police Officers in Phoenix are look for when patrolling for drunk drivers
In order for the police to stop you they need to see a violation first. Violation such as turning out of a parking lot without signaling, license plate light not working and taillight or headlight out. Simply any infraction that allows them to pull you over.
In essence a simply infraction can lead to a DUI if the officer notices things such as red eyes, slurring of speech or smell of alcohol on your person.
Below is a list is based upon research conducted by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA).
Top 20 things police officers look for when searching for drunk drivers:
- Turning with a wide radius
- Straddling the center of the lane marker
- "Appearing to be drunk"
- Almost striking an object
- Driving on other than designated highway
- Speed more than 10mph below the speed limit
- Stopping for no reason in traffic
- Following too closely
- Tires on lane marker
- Erratic Braking
- Driving into oncoming traffic
- Inconsistent signaling
- Slow response to traffic signals
- Stopping inappropriately
- Turning abruptly or illegally
- Accelerating of Decelerating rapidly
- No headlights
Click here to contact me today for a free case consultation today at 480-729-1683.