This is my first DUI! Can I get a reckless driving if I have never had a DUI in Arizona?
Prosecutors want your blood. If you have been charged with a DUI you need to fight your case to have a chance at a better deal. You need an experienced Defense Attorney to fight your DUI. This is your only chance, no matter who you are. DUI convictions are big money in city courts, and the cities want your money.
Possible DUI Defenses
- There was no probable cause to arrest you
- You weren’t physically in control of the vehicle
- There was no reasonable suspicion to stop you
- You were denied your right to counsel by the police
- Blood Alcohol Concentration (BAC) was below a .08% at the time of driving
- Your Miranda Rights were violated
- An Illegal blood draw was performed
- The blood draw was contaminated
- The police reports were misleading
Home detentionIn some but not all circumstances you may be able to serve out your sentence at home. While on Home Detention you would be required to wear a GPS monitor and have a machine installed in your house that will require you to submit to 3 random alcohol tests per day.
- The amount of jail time you serve in Arizona varies from city to city. For example, anyone arrested by Maricopa County sheriff’s deputies or Arizona Department of Public Safety officers under the suspicion of a DUI are of course processed through the Maricopa County justice courts. The Judges in Maricopa County are prohibited from handing down sentences for home detention.
- Typical home detention allows you to work 6 days a week, 12 hours a day
- Those who are granted home detention rather than serving their time in jail are required to wear an Electronic-monitor. The cost of the monitor is to be paid for by the defendant, and depending on the court it can range from $10 to $30 a day
Aaron Black is a 2012 Super Lawyer Rising Star in Criminal DUI Defense (Top 2.5% of lawyers under 40 in Arizona and New Mexico). He is rated 10.0 Superb Lawyer on AVVO.com, and is rated by Martindale-Hubbell as an AV Preeminent Lawyer (the highest level of professional excellence).
About the Author
Aaron Black is the founder and sole attorney of the Law Office of Aaron Black. Located in Phoenix, Arizona, his DUI and criminal defense law firm provides legal services to people who have received felony or misdemeanor charges from the state.Aaron has developed a strong interest in defending people who have been arrested and received criminal charges for driving under the influence. With his professionalism and knowledge of Arizona DUI and criminal law, he has acted as a check and balance on the police, prosecution and courts and has protected a great number of his clients from excessive and unfair sentencing.
Along with DUI defense, Aaron handles a range of other criminal matters, including aggravated assault, burglary, domestic violence, drug possession, drug trafficking, fraud defense, insurance fraud, sex crimes and white-collar crime.
After graduating college in 2003 from the University of Arizona, Aaron decided to pursue a law degree. He followed a family long tradition and went to the University of South Dakota School of Law where he pursued his goal of becoming a criminal defense lawyer.
After passing the Arizona and South Dakota bar exams, Aaron joined the Maricopa County Office of the Public Defender where he defended hundreds of people charged with serious criminal offenses. His work as a public defender helped him sharpen his litigation skills and gave him a unique insight into the Arizona criminal justice system.
Over the course of his 15-year legal career, Aaron has spent a considerable amount of time in both Arizona justice, municipal, state and federal courts. He has argued over 50 jury trials, tried over 100 bench trials and has become one of the highest-rated criminal and DUI defense attorneys in Phoenix and the surrounding areas. He has received a 10/10 rating from the legal directory Avvo because of his legal background and successful case record. Since 2014, he has received the Super Lawyer rating for his work as a Phoenix DUI and criminal defense attorney.
You can review Aaron’s Attorney Bio page for more information about his background, education and experience as a Phoenix DUI and criminal defense attorney.