There is only one exception to getting an ignition interlock removed early in Scottsdale, AZ
1st Time DUI Ignition Interlock Device Penalties
- If you have been convicted of first time DUI under a .15 the ignition interlock must be installed for 12 months. This can however be reduced to 6 months
- A DUI conviction over a .15 and below a .20 requires the ignition interlock for a minimum of 12 months
- A Super Extreme DUI conviction, over a .20, requires the ignition interlock for 18 months
2nd Time DUI Within 84 Months (after a 1 year license revocation) IID Penalties
- A DUI conviction under a .15 the ignition interlock must be installed for 12 month
- DUI conviction over a .15 and below a .20 requires the ignition interlock for a minimum of 12 months
- A Super Extreme DUI conviction, over a .20, requires the ignition interlock for a minimum of 2 years
- Your DUI conviction was for a first time, non-extreme DUI
- You have successfully completed an alcohol or drug education course
- You had a functioning ignition interlock in your vehicle for 6 months
- You did not attempt to drive with a .08 blood alcohol (BAC) two or more times
- You did not have a damage or cause injury due to an accident while driving under the influence
If you have been convicted of a DUI in Scottsdale and would like to see if you qualify to have the ignition interlock removed from your vehicle early, contact Scottsdale DUI Attorney Aaron Black for a legal free consultation or call 480-729-1683 today!
About the Author
Aaron Black is the founder and sole attorney of the Law Office of Aaron Black. Located in Phoenix, Arizona, his DUI and criminal defense law firm provides legal services to people who have received felony or misdemeanor charges from the state.Aaron has developed a strong interest in defending people who have been arrested and received criminal charges for driving under the influence. With his professionalism and knowledge of Arizona DUI and criminal law, he has acted as a check and balance on the police, prosecution and courts and has protected a great number of his clients from excessive and unfair sentencing.
Along with DUI defense, Aaron handles a range of other criminal matters, including aggravated assault, burglary, domestic violence, drug possession, drug trafficking, fraud defense, insurance fraud, sex crimes and white-collar crime.
After graduating college in 2003 from the University of Arizona, Aaron decided to pursue a law degree. He followed a family long tradition and went to the University of South Dakota School of Law where he pursued his goal of becoming a criminal defense lawyer.
After passing the Arizona and South Dakota bar exams, Aaron joined the Maricopa County Office of the Public Defender where he defended hundreds of people charged with serious criminal offenses. His work as a public defender helped him sharpen his litigation skills and gave him a unique insight into the Arizona criminal justice system.
Over the course of his 15-year legal career, Aaron has spent a considerable amount of time in both Arizona justice, municipal, state and federal courts. He has argued over 50 jury trials, tried over 100 bench trials and has become one of the highest-rated criminal and DUI defense attorneys in Phoenix and the surrounding areas. He has received a 10/10 rating from the legal directory Avvo because of his legal background and successful case record. Since 2014, he has received the Super Lawyer rating for his work as a Phoenix DUI and criminal defense attorney.
You can review Aaron’s Attorney Bio page for more information about his background, education and experience as a Phoenix DUI and criminal defense attorney.