St. Patrick’s Day is one of the top five DUI enforcement days of the year!
As you know, Arizona has some of the harshest penalties for drinking and driving in the nation, and DUI patrols will be in full swing. Along with Memorial Day, the 4th of July, Cinco De Mayo and New Year’s Eve, St. Patrick’s Day is one of the top five DUI enforcement days of the year.
In 2017 law enforcement made 9,814 total traffic stops over St. Patrick’s Day last year leading to 509 arrests for drinking and driving.
I encourage you to plan a head and utilize a ride-sharing program such as Uber or Lyft. Better yet get a designated driver. Even a first time DUI offense can land you in jail and cost you a great deal of money in fines.
1st Time Misdemeanor Driving Under the Influence (under .15 BAC)
- Minimum jail 10 days jail, but 9 may be suspended
- Maximum Jail – 6 months
$500 Prison Fund
$500 Public Safety Equip. Fund
$20 Time Pay Fee
$20 Probation Fee
- 90 day License Suspension
- Possible Probation up to 5 years
- Alcohol / Drug Screening & Classes
- Possible community service
- Pay for jail incarceration
- Possible monthly probation fees
- Possible SR22 insurance
- 1-year Ignition interlock (6 months beginning January 1, 2012)
What should I do if I get pulled over under suspicion of drinking & driving?
- Immediately ask for an Attorney
- Let the police know that you will not answer any other questions without an Attorney present
- Invoke your Fifth Amendment right to remain silent. Remember that anything you say may be held against you and incriminating evidence can be used against you should your case go to trial.
DUI Defense you can count onAs a leading DUI defense attorney in Phoenix, my focus is only on defending individuals charged with serious crimes such as a DUI which carries life-altering punishments and ramifications.
Personally defending clients in all Arizona justice, municipal, state and federal courts in Phoenix and surrounding Arizona cities, when your freedom is at risk, I will "Deliver Justice and Defend Your Freedom.”
When your freedom is at risk, contact Phoenix DUI Defense Attorney Aaron Black or call 480-729-1683 to set up a free consultation.