Scottsdale police offer a free breathalyzer
The result was out of nearly 10,000 spectators who voluntarily submitted to the breathalyzer, 4,000 people failed the test. Just to be clear the threat of taking the test and being arrested was taken out of the equation as it was more of an attempt to show those who volunteered where their blood alcohol level was at.
Under normal circumstances, I would tell you to refuse the PBT test and request a lawyer. In fact below are a few tips on what you should do if you get pulled over for a DUI in Scottsdale.
Tips to follow if you get pulled over for suspicion of a DUI
- Answer the police officer when he asks for your personal information and license
- If the officer asks any questions about you drinking be polite and ask for a lawyer and don’t answer further questions
- Comply when the officer asks you to get out of the car
- If the officer asks if he can look at your eyes or follow his pen, respectfully refuse the test and ask for your lawyer
- If the officer asks you to balance on one leg, again I encourage you to ask for your lawyer and respectfully refuse the test
- If the officer asks you to walk a straight line respectfully refuse the test and request your lawyer
- Last but not least the officer will ask you to blow into his portable breath machine (PBT). Politely refuse the test and ask for your lawyer
If you are facing DUI charges in Arizona, or you have questions, please contact DUI Defense Attorney Aaron Black or call (480)729-1683 for a free consultation.