Ring in the New Year with a designated driver!
Why start the New Year with a DUI when you can plan ahead and let Uber shuffle to and from your destination or better yet get a designated driver to ensure a safe and fun celebration if you intend on drinking.
I can’t stress enough how severe the penalties in Maricopa County are for a DUI. With the harshest penalties in the nation, Arizona simply doesn’t play around. The penalties carry mandatory jail time, fines, license suspension and the ignition interlock device will be installed on your car. The ignition interlock alone may be installed for as long as a year.
1st Time Misdemeanor Driving Under the Influence (under .15 BAC)
- Minimum jail 10 days jail, however, 9 days may be suspended
- Maximum Jail is 6 months
- DUI Fines
$500 Prison Fund
$500 Public Safety Equip. Fund
$20 Time Pay Fee
$20 Probation Fee
- 90 day License Suspension
- Possible Probation for up to 5 years
- Alcohol / Drug Screening & Classes
- Possible community service
- You pay for jail incarceration
- Possible monthly probation fees
- Possible SR22 insurance also known as High-Risk Insurance
- 1-year Ignition interlock (6 months beginning January 1, 2012)
Ring in the New Year confident that your fun will not be interrupted by a bad decision by getting behind the wheel after drinking, let alone the possibility of hurting an innocent bystander along the way.
To learn more about a DUI conviction in Maricopa County, click here to contact me or call 480-729-1683 to set up a free consultation.