I’ve been charged with fleeing the Police in Phoenix
Fleeing from the Police, also known as an unlawful flight is considered a felony in Phoenix. In addition to pressed with for fleeing the Police, you could also be facing additional charges such as a DUI.
Unlawful flight in ArizonaAccording to ARS 8-622.01, a driver of a motor vehicle who willfully flees or attempts to elude a pursuing official law enforcement vehicle that is being operated in the manner described in section 28-624, subsection C is guilty of a class 5 felony. The law enforcement vehicle shall be appropriately marked to show that it is an official law enforcement vehicle.
One of the keys to the statute is that the Police vehicle must be clearly marked with the lights and sirens activated to clearly indicate that you should stop. If law enforcement can prove that you willfully intended to elude them by not pulling over when prompted, you will be facing unlawful flight charges.
Class 5 felony penaltiesFelony offenses are the most serious criminal charges as they are more severe than misdemeanors and carry far harsher punishments. It is imperative that you hire an experienced criminal defense attorney.
- Maximum punishment of 2.5 years in prison
- 3 years of supervised probation
- $150,000 fine and surcharges
How do I choose the best Criminal Defense Lawyer for me?Choosing the best Lawyer to represent you requires a great deal of work on your part, however, ywhen our freedom is at risk you need the experience of a seasoned DUI defense lawyer in your corner.
- Research Lawyers Online. Many reputable sites such as AVVO.com, NOLO.com, and SuperLawyers.com can offer insight to their experience and capabilities
- Call several attorneys to check out their fees and get a feel for their willingness to help you minimize the penalties and expenses involved in your case
- Have a consultation with the Criminal Defense Lawyer. Most lawyers offer a free initial consultation to go over the details of your case
- Hire an experienced Lawyer who has in-depth knowledge of the laws in Phoenix
- Research whether or not the attorney is an active member of respected Criminal Defense Organizations such as NACDL and AACJ
- Hire a Lawyer who has handled numerous cases including Jury Trial experience