How Do I Build an Effective DUI Defense?
Building an effective DUI defense is extremely difficult without the help of an experienced and professional attorney. A Phoenix DUI lawyer can assess the facts of your case and help you identify the best DUI defense options. He or she will work with you to build a defense centered on the best and most compelling evidence possible. While it is possible to build an effective DUI defense on your own, you never know what the prosecution will use against you. A local criminal defense attorney can help you handle any surprising or difficult moments that may arise during your DUI case.
DUI Criminal Defense Attorney in Phoenix, AZHiring a DUI criminal defense attorney in Phoenix, AZ is your first step towards building an effective DUI defense. Your attorney will work with you to identify unique issues in your case and uncover evidence that undercuts the prosecution’s argument. It is important that you hire an attorney immediately after your DUI arrest. This will prevent the prosecution from conveniently losing or destroying valuable evidence that could help your drunk driving defense.
During an initial consultation, your attorney will ask you to provide as many details as possible about your DUI arrest. He or she will evaluate the information you present and determine what additional evidence must be found to successfully defend your Arizona DUI charge. If possible, you should come to your initial consultation prepared to answer the following questions.
- Do you have any official paperwork from the arrest?
- Can you describe your behavior prior to the traffic stop?
- What happened during the police stop?
- Were your Miranda rights explained to you?
- Did you give any statements to law enforcement before and after your arrest?
- Do you have any health conditions that could potentially impact your case?
- Were you able to preserve any damage done to your vehicle?
Compelling DUI Defense ArgumentsAs the criminal defendant in a DUI case, you have legal and constitutional rights that cannot be violated. Further, the law presumes that you are innocent until guilt is proven beyond a reasonable doubt. Police officers and prosecutors often make the mistake of believing their case against a drunk driver is indisputable. This causes them to make mistakes and oversights that violate your rights and allow you to build a strong defense case. An experienced Phoenix defense attorney can help you take advantage of any errors made by law enforcement or the prosecution. He or she can identify the strategies and techniques that will give your case the best possible defense. The most compelling DUI defense arguments used by Phoenix defense attorneys include:
- Having no probable cause to pull over the driver for a DUI stop
- Failing to properly evaluate the results of a field sobriety test
- The arresting officer failing to get permission to perform a BAC (blood alcohol concentration) test
- The BAC test results are unreliable and inaccurate
- The driver was not read his or her Miranda rights by the arresting officer
- No evidence the suspect was driving or in actual physical control of the vehicle
- Denying the suspect the right to contact an attorney
Contact Local DUI Attorney Aaron BlackWere you arrested on the suspicion of driving under the influence? If so, then you should consider finding an experienced attorney to help you combat the charges levied against you. Local DUI attorney Aaron Black will help you answer the question, how do I build an effective DUI defense? He understands the seriousness of drunk driving charges and can provide you with the experienced support you need during this challenging time. His long list of DUI and criminal defense case results prove that he is one of the premier attorneys in Phoenix, AZ and the surrounding areas.
To discuss your case and learn more about your DUI defense options, attend an initial consultation with local DUI lawyer Aaron Black. He was recently named a top 2020 DUI lawyer for Scottsdale by Scottsdale Airpark News and is consistently seen as one of the best DUI attorneys in Phoenix, AZ. Contact the Law Office of Aaron Black today at 480-729-1683 to receive answers to your questions and to obtain personal, professional and effective legal representation. You can also send us a message by completing our online contact form. Call today to experience the passionate and dedicated legal defense that only attorney Aaron Black can provide!