The Holidays are fast approaching, don't let a DUI spoil the fun
The holidays are indeed a time of celebration, and in Phoenix, even one or two drinks can lead to an arrest. A simple miscalculation on your part behind the wheel can lead to you being pulled over.
The Police look for approximately 20 signs for impaired driving when patrolling for drunk drivers. For the police to stop you, they need to see a violation first, and a simple infraction gives them the authority to pull you over.
I have once again listed 20 things that the police look for when looking for drunk drivers. The list is based on research conducted by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA).
Simple infractions that can land you in jail facing DUI charges
- Making a wide radius turn
- Simply “appearing to be drunk”
- Your speed limit is more than 10 mph below the posted speed limit
- Straddling the center of the lane marker
- Almost striking an object
- Driving on other than designated highway
- Stopping your vehicle in traffic for no reason
- Following another vehicle too closely
- Your car was drifting
- Your tires are on the lane marker
- You were braking erratically
- Driving into oncoming traffic
- You were inconsistently signaling
- Slow to respond to traffic signals
- Stopping your vehicle inappropriately
- Driving without your headlights on
- Turning your vehicle abruptly or illegally
- Accelerating or decelerating your vehicle rapidly
If you are charged with a DUI over the holidays, contact Phoenix DUI Defense Attorney, Aaron Black or call 480-729-1683 for a free case consultation.