Felony Offenses in Phoenix could result in a visit to the infamous Tent City
Punishment for felony criminal offenses for a person with no prior felony convictions include:
- Class 6 felony - Class 6 felony carries a maximum punishment of 2 years in prison, 3 years of supervised probation and a $150,000 fine and surcharges. Class 6 felonies can include charges such as possession of drug paraphernalia, resisting arrest, aggravated DUI, theft and possession of marijuana.
- Class 5 felony - A class 5 felony offense carries a maximum punishment of 2.5 years in prison, 3 years of supervised probation and a $150,000 fine and surcharges. Some examples of class 5 felony offenses include theft of a credit card, unlawful flight from law enforcement, criminal damage, theft and aggravated assault on a police officer.
- Class 4 felony - A class 4 felony is punishable by a maximum punishment is 3.75 years in prison, 4 years of probation and a fine of $150,000 plus surcharges. Class 4 felony offenses include aggravated DUI, possession of narcotic drugs, possession of dangerous drugs, misconduct involving weapons, forgery, identity theft and burglary.
- Class 3 felony - A class 3 felony offense is punishable by up to 8.75 years in prison, 5 years of probation and a $150,000 and surcharges. Examples of class 3 felony offenses include theft of a motor vehicle, aggravated assault, possession of marijuana for sale, theft, burglary, aggravated robbery and trafficking stolen property.
- Class 2 felony - A class 2 felony offense is punishable by up to 12.5 years in prison, 7 years of probation and a fine of $150,000 plus surcharges. Class 2 felony offenses include possession of narcotic drugs for sale, possession of dangerous drugs for sale, manslaughter, aggravated assault, sexual assault, child prostitution, armed robbery, assisting a criminal street gang, burglary, discharging a firearm, theft and fraudulent schemes.
- Class 1 felony - A class 1 felony offense is the most serious crime a person can be charged with and is reserved for murder charges only. A class 1 felony carries a minimum of 25 years to life and has a maximum penalty of the death penalty.
For a Criminal Defense Attorney in Phoenix who is focused on defending serious criminal offenses, click here to contact me or call to set up a free consultation today at 480-729-1683.