Extreme DUI and SR-22 Insurance
SR-22 insurance which is sometimes referred as a certificate of insurance or a financial responsibility filing is simply a high-risk insurance policy required by law if you have been convicted of a DUI/DWI in Maricopa County
The SR-22 may be required regardless of whether you own a vehicle or not and it is typically required for a number of years after your conviction. If you fail to pay the premiums the insurance company will contact the DMV (Department of Motor Vehicles), and the SR-22 will be canceled. From that point on an SR-26 will be filed with the DMV. An SR-26 form is filed when the insurance policy has been canceled due to the failure of payment and will lead to your driving privileges being revoked.
SR-22 insurance is just one of the expenses that you will incur if you have been convicted of an extreme DUI.
Fines & Penalties associated with an Extreme DUI
- Possible SR-22 Insurance
$250 Driving Under the Influence Fund
$1000 Prison Fund
$1000 Public Safety Equip. Fund
$20 Time Pay Fee
$20 Probation Fee
- Minimum Jail – A minimum of 30 days in jail may be required with a maximum of 6 months for a first-time conviction. A second-time conviction within 84 months could result in a minimum of 120 days in jail.
- 90 day License Suspension
- You risk a possibility of being on probation for up to 5 years
- Alcohol / Drug Screening & Classes will be required
- Possible community service
- You will have to pay for jail incarceration
- You risk the possibility of monthly probation fees
- 1 year Ignition interlock Device