Don’t let Holidays parties and Family Gatherings lead to an Aggravated DUI
If you are arrested for a DUI with a child in your car under the age of 15 this is considered an Aggravated DUI in Phoenix. A conviction has dire consequences in terms of jail, mandatory fines, and license suspension but even worse what if your child gets hurt while you were driving under the influence.
The holidays are indeed a time of celebration but in Phoenix, even one or two drinks can lead to an arrest. A simple miscalculation on your part behind the wheel can lead to you being pulled over and if the officer smells alcohol on your breath even though you may have had just a few drinks this gives them probable cause to arrest you.
Aggravated Driving Under the Influence “Kid in Car” (Younger than 15) Class 6 Felony
- Minimum Jail time - 10 days jail, however, 9 may be suspended
- Maximum Jail time - 2 years in prison and possibly higher if you have prior felony convictions
- Aggravated DUI Fines:
$1500 Prison Fund
$1500 Public Safety Equip. Fund
$20 Time Pay Fee
$20 Probation Fee
- 3-year license revocation
- Probation up to 10 years if jail sentence
- Alcohol / Drug Screening & Classes
- Possible community service
- Up to 10 years of probation
- Monthly probation fees – usually $65/month
- Possible SR22 insurance
- 2 years Ignition Interlock
- DNA taken
- Victim Impact Panel
- Possible Driving Under the Influence Court program
- Felony on your record
If unfortunately, you are facing felony DUI charges for an aggravated DUI, don’t take a chance with your future and contact an experienced DUI attorney in Phoenix to represent you. To learn more click here to contact me or call Aaron today for a free consultation at 480-729-1683.