Did you know a 2nd Time Extreme DUI charge must be within 84 months of the first DUI conviction?
There are several possible DUI defenses that can be taken to that may result in dismissal of the charges, not guilty verdicts, no jail time, or substantially reduced charges.
Possible DUI Defense
- There wasn’t probable cause to arrest
- You were not in actual physical control of the vehicle
- There was no reasonable suspicion to stop
- The Police denied you your right to counsel
- Your BAC level was below a .08% at the time of driving
- Your Miranda Rights were violated
- Your blood was Illegally drawn
- Your blood draw was contaminated
- The police reports were Misleading
2nd Time Extreme Driving Under the Influence Above a .15 BAC (but less than .20)
- New DUI charge must be within 84 months of the date of 1st DUI conviction.
- Minimum Jail - 120 days jail, at least 60 days of which must be served consecutively but must serve the entire sentence.
- Maximum Jail – 6 months
$250 Driving Under the Influence Fund
$1250 Prison Fund
$1250 Public Safety Equip. Fund
$20 Time Pay Fee
$10 Probation Fee
- 1-year license revocation (no driving at all)
- Possible Probation up to 5 years
- Alcohol / Drug Screening & Classes
- 30+ hours community service
- Pay for jail incarceration
- Possible monthly probation fees
- Possible SR22 insurance
- 1 year Ignition interlock
If you have questions or if you are facing 2nd time Extreme DUI charges in Phoenix, Arizona, don’t take chances with your future, click here to contact us or call Phoenix DUI defense attorney, Aaron today for a free consultation at 480-729-1683.
About the Author
Aaron Black is the founder and sole attorney of the Law Office of Aaron Black. Located in Phoenix, Arizona, his DUI and criminal defense law firm provides legal services to people who have received felony or misdemeanor charges from the state.Aaron has developed a strong interest in defending people who have been arrested and received criminal charges for driving under the influence. With his professionalism and knowledge of Arizona DUI and criminal law, he has acted as a check and balance on the police, prosecution and courts and has protected a great number of his clients from excessive and unfair sentencing.
Along with DUI defense, Aaron handles a range of other criminal matters, including aggravated assault, burglary, domestic violence, drug possession, drug trafficking, fraud defense, insurance fraud, sex crimes and white-collar crime.
After graduating college in 2003 from the University of Arizona, Aaron decided to pursue a law degree. He followed a family long tradition and went to the University of South Dakota School of Law where he pursued his goal of becoming a criminal defense lawyer.
After passing the Arizona and South Dakota bar exams, Aaron joined the Maricopa County Office of the Public Defender where he defended hundreds of people charged with serious criminal offenses. His work as a public defender helped him sharpen his litigation skills and gave him a unique insight into the Arizona criminal justice system.
Over the course of his 15-year legal career, Aaron has spent a considerable amount of time in both Arizona justice, municipal, state and federal courts. He has argued over 50 jury trials, tried over 100 bench trials and has become one of the highest-rated criminal and DUI defense attorneys in Phoenix and the surrounding areas. He has received a 10/10 rating from the legal directory Avvo because of his legal background and successful case record. Since 2014, he has received the Super Lawyer rating for his work as a Phoenix DUI and criminal defense attorney.
You can review Aaron’s Attorney Bio page for more information about his background, education and experience as a Phoenix DUI and criminal defense attorney.