A DUI can happen to anyone!
DUI’s are not inclusive to a certain class, race or gender as they are simply are the result of making the choice to get behind the wheel of a car after drinking. With options such as Uber and Lyft and their ridesharing apps getting home without having to face any legal repercussions after drinking is just a tap away.
Phoenix, Arizona is far from kind to those who are arrested under suspicion of a DUI, in fact, we all know that Arizona has the toughest penalties in the country for drinking and driving. A first-time misdemeanor DUI alone can result in a minimum of 10 days in jail with a maximum of 6 months and the penalties increase with a higher BAC (Blood Alcohol Concentration). In addition to serving jail time, there are of course the fines, license suspension, possible SR22 insurance and the Ignition Interlock Device (IID and BAIID).
Although the evidence may seem overwhelming against you there are possible defenses that can be taken to provide the jury with circumstances about your case that warrant a second look and that’s where an experienced DUI Attorney in Phoenix who understands complexities of DUI defense law in invaluable.
Possible DUI Defense
- Your Miranda Rights were violated
- Your blood draw was illegally performed
- Contaminated blood draw
- Misleading police report
- You were arrested without probable cause
- You weren’t physically in control of the vehicle
- There was no reasonable suspicion to stop you
- You were denied a right to counsel by the police
- Your Blood Alcohol Concentration (BAC) was below a .08% at the time you were arrested for suspicion of a DUI
If you would like to learn more or more importantly if you are facing DUI charges in Phoenix, AZ or other communities in Arizona, contact DUI Defense Attorney Aaron Black or call (480)729-1683 for a free consultation today.