DUI arrests make for a busy Memorial Day Weekend
Phoenix DUI Lawyer, Aaron Black defends clients charged with a wide range of offences which include criminal offenses, vehicular crimes and DUI cases across Arizona. Defending individuals in all Arizona Federal, State and City courts, Aaron’s focuses on the fact that we all have Constitutional Rights and he is proud that he can guarantee his clients’ Rights are protected while in the court system. His main focus is if the Government can prove their case beyond a reasonable doubt.
Good people sometimes find themselves in bad situations and if you are facing DUI charges as a result of drinking while operating a motor vehicle or watercraft over the Memorial Day weekend we strongly encourage you to seek an experienced DUI Attorney. Did you know that the punishment for drinking while operating a watercraft harbors many of the same harsh DUI penalties as operating a motor vehicle?
In Phoenix, Arizona you may be charged with DUI under the following conditions:
- If the government can prove beyond a reasonable doubt that you were driving a vehicle or in actual physical control of a vehicle and impaired to the slightest degree, you can be charged.
- If the government can prove, your Blood Alcohol Concentration was a .08% or more within two hours of driving you can be charged.
1st Time Misdemeanor Driving Under the Influence (under .15 BAC)
- Minimum jail 10 days jail, but 9 may be suspended
- Maximum Jail – 6 months
$500 Prison Fund
$500 Public Safety Equip. Fund
$20 Time Pay Fee
$20 Probation Fee
- 90 day License Suspension
- Possible Probation up to 5 years
- Alcohol / Drug Screening & Classes
- Possible community service
- Pay for jail incarceration
- Possible monthly probation fees
- Possible SR22 insurance
- 1-year Ignition interlock (6 months beginning January 1, 2012)