Can I serve my Scottsdale DUI sentence at Home?
With the cost of incarceration continuing to increase and depending on your circumstances you may be able to serve your time at home.
Home detention penalties
- Typical home detention is 6 days a week, 12 hours a day
- Electronic-monitoring – The electronic device can monitor both your alcohol consumption as well as track your location and you will be responsible for the cost. Depending on the court, the fee can range from $10 to $30 a day
- Random alcohol tests – You will be required to submit to 3 random tests per day
- You will still be responsible for any fines, be required to install the Ignition Interlock Device (IID) and possible community service
No matter what, a DUI in Scottsdale, AZ carries serious repercussions, and you should seek a DUI Defense attorney.
DUI charges can occur under the following conditions
- The government can prove beyond a reasonable doubt that you were driving a vehicle or you were in actual physical control of a vehicle. They must also be able to support that you were impaired to the slightest degree.
- The government can prove that your Blood Alcohol Concentration (BAC) was a .08% or more within two hours of driving