Can I be charged with a DUI in Phoenix with a blood alcohol content less than the legal limit?
1st time misdemeanor driving under the influence penalties for being "impaired to the slightest degree" are listed below. After reviewing them I’m sure you would have to agree that it would be far easier and safer to take a taxi or ask a friend to be the designated driver.
- Minimum jail 10 days jail, but 9 may be suspended
- Maximum Jail – 6 months
- Fines$250 Fine
$500 Prison Fund
$500 Public Safety Equip. Fund
$20 Time Pay Fee
$20 Probation Fee
- 90 day License Suspension
- Possible Probation up to 5 years
- Alcohol / Drug Screening & Classes
- Possible community service
- Pay for jail incarceration
- Possible monthly probation fees
- Possible SR22 insurance
- 1 year Ignition interlock (6 months beginning January 1, 2012)
If you are facing DUI charges in Maricopa County it is essential to speak with a lawyer experienced in DUI defense law.
At the Law office of Aaron Black, my clients are assured that I will personally represent them and put my courtroom experience to work to obtain the best possible outcome. Though the evidence may seem overwhelmingly against you, I has successfully defended numerous jury and bench trials in Maricopa county working to “Deliver Justice and Defend Your Freedom.”
Please contact me or call to set up a free consultation about my DUI and Criminal Defense legal services and to discuss the impending case against you today 480-729-1683.