Best DUI Lawyer in Phoenix? Look for this criteria to make the right choice
Choosing the best DUI Lawyer to represent you requires a great deal of work on your part and understandably so. After all your freedom is at risk and you need the experience of a seasoned DUI defense lawyer.
- Research DUI Lawyers Online. Many reputable sites such as AVVO.com, NOLO.com and SuperLawyers.com can offer insight to their experience and capabilities.
- Call several attorneys to check out their fees and get a feel for their willingness to help you minimize the penalties and fees involved in a DUI case
- Have a consultation with the DUI Lawyer. Most lawyers offer a free initial consultation to go over the details of your case
- Hire an experienced Lawyer who has in-depth knowledge of the DUI laws in Phoenix
- Find out if the DUI Lawyer is so well respected about their knowledge in DUI Law that they are often asked to lecture other Lawyers pertaining to the law
- Research whether or not the attorney is an active member of respected Criminal Defense Organizations such as NACDL and AACJ
- Hire a DUI Lawyer who has handled numerous cases and has Jury Trial experience.
Possible DUI Defenses to discuss
- There was no probable cause to arrest
- The driver was not in actual physical control of the vehicle
- There was no reasonable suspicion to stop
- The Police denied you the right to counsel
- Your Blood alcohol Content (BAC) was below a .08% level at the time you were stopped
- Your Miranda Rights were violated
- Illegal blood draw was performed
- The blood draw was contaminated
- The Police reports were misleading
About the Author
Aaron Black is the founder and sole attorney of the Law Office of Aaron Black. Located in Phoenix, Arizona, his DUI and criminal defense law firm provides legal services to people who have received felony or misdemeanor charges from the state.Aaron has developed a strong interest in defending people who have been arrested and received criminal charges for driving under the influence. With his professionalism and knowledge of Arizona DUI and criminal law, he has acted as a check and balance on the police, prosecution and courts and has protected a great number of his clients from excessive and unfair sentencing.
Along with DUI defense, Aaron handles a range of other criminal matters, including aggravated assault, burglary, domestic violence, drug possession, drug trafficking, fraud defense, insurance fraud, sex crimes and white-collar crime.
After graduating college in 2003 from the University of Arizona, Aaron decided to pursue a law degree. He followed a family long tradition and went to the University of South Dakota School of Law where he pursued his goal of becoming a criminal defense lawyer.
After passing the Arizona and South Dakota bar exams, Aaron joined the Maricopa County Office of the Public Defender where he defended hundreds of people charged with serious criminal offenses. His work as a public defender helped him sharpen his litigation skills and gave him a unique insight into the Arizona criminal justice system.
Over the course of his 15-year legal career, Aaron has spent a considerable amount of time in both Arizona justice, municipal, state and federal courts. He has argued over 50 jury trials, tried over 100 bench trials and has become one of the highest-rated criminal and DUI defense attorneys in Phoenix and the surrounding areas. He has received a 10/10 rating from the legal directory Avvo because of his legal background and successful case record. Since 2014, he has received the Super Lawyer rating for his work as a Phoenix DUI and criminal defense attorney.
You can review Aaron’s Attorney Bio page for more information about his background, education and experience as a Phoenix DUI and criminal defense attorney.