Be safe this Labor Day Weekend!
In all of the festivities I remain most certain that an adult beverage or two may also be in the plans. With that being said please think of the ramifications before getting behind the wheel after drinking. Did you know that one or two drinks can also get you arrested for a DUI?
As you know Arizona has some of the harshest penalties in the country for a DUI. A conviction carries mandatory jail, mandatory fines, license suspension, and the ignition interlock device. Depending on the blood alcohol concentration and history, jail can range from 1 day to 6 months for misdemeanors and up to 15 years for a felony.
1st Time Misdemeanor Driving Under the Influence (under .15 BAC)
- Minimum jail 10 days jail, but 9 may be suspended
- Maximum Jail – 6 months
$500 Prison Fund
$500 Public Safety Equip. Fund
$20 Time Pay Fee
$20 Probation Fee
- 90 day License Suspension
- Possible Probation up to 5 years
- Alcohol / Drug Screening & Classes
- Possible community service
- Pay for jail incarceration
- Possible monthly probation fees
- Possible SR22 insurance
- 1 year Ignition interlock (6 months beginning January 1, 2012)
If you have questions or you are facing DUI charges in Phoenix, please click here to contact Aaron or call (480)729-1683 for a free consultation.