April is alcohol awareness month
According to award-winning and health writer Scott Stevens, author of “I can’t see the Forest with all these damn trees in the way,” there are several health consequences of alcohol.
Do you know what the health effects of alcohol are?
- The risk of a stroke doubles after a single drink?
- Heart disease is caused by and worsens with the use of alcohol
- Alcohol contains carcinogens and is known to cause eight types of cancers that include both breast cancer, and it’s the second leading cause of oral cancers
- Excessive alcohol use can lead to liver disease
Staggering statistics on drinking and driving
- Every 45 minutes someone is killed in the United States by a drunk driver
- An overwhelming 50-75 percent of those that have their license suspended due to drinking and driving continue to drive
- On average people who have been charged with a first time DUI have driven drunk 87 times before being arrested
- It’s estimated that roughly 3 in 10 Americans will be involved in an alcohol-related crash sometime in their life
- According to MADD drunk drivers cost each adult in the U.S. over $500 a year
The bottom line is that no matter the month be it April or October we should all be aware of the consequences of abusing alcohol.
If you have questions about the DUI laws in Phoenix contact DUI attorney Aaron Black or call 480-729-1683 for a free consultation.
About the Author
Aaron Black is the founder and sole attorney of the Law Office of Aaron Black. Located in Phoenix, Arizona, his DUI and criminal defense law firm provides legal services to people who have received felony or misdemeanor charges from the state.Aaron has developed a strong interest in defending people who have been arrested and received criminal charges for driving under the influence. With his professionalism and knowledge of Arizona DUI and criminal law, he has acted as a check and balance on the police, prosecution and courts and has protected a great number of his clients from excessive and unfair sentencing.
Along with DUI defense, Aaron handles a range of other criminal matters, including aggravated assault, burglary, domestic violence, drug possession, drug trafficking, fraud defense, insurance fraud, sex crimes and white-collar crime.
After graduating college in 2003 from the University of Arizona, Aaron decided to pursue a law degree. He followed a family long tradition and went to the University of South Dakota School of Law where he pursued his goal of becoming a criminal defense lawyer.
After passing the Arizona and South Dakota bar exams, Aaron joined the Maricopa County Office of the Public Defender where he defended hundreds of people charged with serious criminal offenses. His work as a public defender helped him sharpen his litigation skills and gave him a unique insight into the Arizona criminal justice system.
Over the course of his 15-year legal career, Aaron has spent a considerable amount of time in both Arizona justice, municipal, state and federal courts. He has argued over 50 jury trials, tried over 100 bench trials and has become one of the highest-rated criminal and DUI defense attorneys in Phoenix and the surrounding areas. He has received a 10/10 rating from the legal directory Avvo because of his legal background and successful case record. Since 2014, he has received the Super Lawyer rating for his work as a Phoenix DUI and criminal defense attorney.
You can review Aaron’s Attorney Bio page for more information about his background, education and experience as a Phoenix DUI and criminal defense attorney.