4th of July holiday brings reduced speeds and DUI Task Forces
Reduced Speed Limit in PhoenixPlease take note that the speed limit on I17 in Phoenix will be reduced again. on June 30th and again on July 4th the speed limit will be reduced by 10 mph. in an effort to reduce vehicle accidents.
DUI Task Force in Chandler, AZThe Chandler Police Department's Traffic Unit will have their DUI task force out over the 4th of July holilday. Beginning in June 30th thru July 4th, the task force will looking out for drunk drivers.
In addtion Chandler police will team up with other East Valley agencies on July 1st and again on the 3rd to conduct saturation patrols in select areas. Chandler police will also conduct a saturation patrol in Chandler on July 2nd and the 4th. A saturation patrol is when law enforcement deploys additional police officers to targeted roadways to detect and apprehend drivers who are impaired.
What do the Police look for to detect drunk drivers?
- Turning with a wide radius
- Straddling the center of the lane marker
- "Appearing to be drunk"
- Almost striking an object
- Driving on other than designated highway
- Speed more than 10mph below the speed limit
- Stopping for no reason in traffic
- Following too closely
- Tires on lane marker
- Erratic Braking
- Driving into oncoming traffic
- Inconsistent signaling
- Slow response to traffic signals
- Stopping inappropriately
- Turning abruptly or illegally
- Accelerating of Decelerating rapidly
- No headlights