2nd Time Misdemeanor DUI in Maricopa County
The penalties for a DUI in Arizona are some of the harshest in the country. In addition to the above stated a conviction can also carry mandatory jail, community service and alcohol/drug screening & classes. Depending on the blood alcohol concentration and history, jail can range from 1 day to 6 months for misdemeanors and up to 15 years for a felony. In short, a 2nd time DUI in Maricopa County is very serious business.
2nd Time Misdemeanor Driving Under the Influence above a .08 BAC (but less than .15)
- New DUI charge must be within 84 months of date of 1st DUI conviction.
- Minimum jail - 90 days jail, but 60 may be suspended if successfully complete alcohol classes.
- Maximum Jail – 6 months
$1250 Prison Fund
$1250 Public Safety Equip. Fund
$20 Time Pay Fee
$20 Probation Fee
- 1 year license revocation (no driving at all)
- Possible Probation up to 5 years
- Alcohol / Drug Screening & Classes
- 30+ hours community service
- Pay for jail incarceration
- Possible monthly probation fees
- Possible SR22 insurance
- 1 year Ignition interlock
Finding the best possible DUI Lawyer in Maricopa CountyIf you are looking for the best, most experienced DUI Defense Lawyer to represent you in your pending DUI case, I suggest the following.
- Research DUI Lawyers Online.Excellent places to check are AVVO.com, NOLO.com and SuperLawyers.com
- If you are curious about a DUI Lawyer, or want to know more, call him/her
- Have a consultation with the DUI Lawyer
- Hire a DUI Lawyer who is extremely experienced in DUI law
- Hire a DUI Lawyer who lectures other Lawyers about DUI law
- Hire a DUI Lawyer who belongs to Criminal Defense Organizations and is an active member. Check out sites such as the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers (NACDL) and Arizona Attorneys for Criminal Justice (AACJ)
- Hire a DUI Lawyer who has handled numerous cases and has DUI Jury Trial experience.
About the Author
Aaron Black is the founder and sole attorney of the Law Office of Aaron Black. Located in Phoenix, Arizona, his DUI and criminal defense law firm provides legal services to people who have received felony or misdemeanor charges from the state.Aaron has developed a strong interest in defending people who have been arrested and received criminal charges for driving under the influence. With his professionalism and knowledge of Arizona DUI and criminal law, he has acted as a check and balance on the police, prosecution and courts and has protected a great number of his clients from excessive and unfair sentencing.
Along with DUI defense, Aaron handles a range of other criminal matters, including aggravated assault, burglary, domestic violence, drug possession, drug trafficking, fraud defense, insurance fraud, sex crimes and white-collar crime.
After graduating college in 2003 from the University of Arizona, Aaron decided to pursue a law degree. He followed a family long tradition and went to the University of South Dakota School of Law where he pursued his goal of becoming a criminal defense lawyer.
After passing the Arizona and South Dakota bar exams, Aaron joined the Maricopa County Office of the Public Defender where he defended hundreds of people charged with serious criminal offenses. His work as a public defender helped him sharpen his litigation skills and gave him a unique insight into the Arizona criminal justice system.
Over the course of his 15-year legal career, Aaron has spent a considerable amount of time in both Arizona justice, municipal, state and federal courts. He has argued over 50 jury trials, tried over 100 bench trials and has become one of the highest-rated criminal and DUI defense attorneys in Phoenix and the surrounding areas. He has received a 10/10 rating from the legal directory Avvo because of his legal background and successful case record. Since 2014, he has received the Super Lawyer rating for his work as a Phoenix DUI and criminal defense attorney.
You can review Aaron’s Attorney Bio page for more information about his background, education and experience as a Phoenix DUI and criminal defense attorney.